|Eminem’s Net Worth||$230 Million USD|
|Full Name||Marshall Bruce Mathers III|
|Source of Wealth||Rapper, Songwriter, Record Producer, Actor, Film Producer|
|Date of Birth||October 17, 1972|
|Birth Place||Saint Joseph, Missouri, United States|
|Country of Origin||United States|
|Marital Status||Kimberly Anne Scott(m. 2006–2006)Kimberly Anne Scott(m. 1999–2001)|
|Eminem’s Height||5′ 8” (1.73 m)|
Eminem’s net worth: Eminem is a multi-platinum selling American rapper, producer and actor who has a net worth of $230 million. He is one of the highest-paid rappers in the world and has sold over 170 million records till date. Eminem is one of the best selling musicians of all time. He has made millions off his own music style and albums by talented artists under his label shady Records. Eminem makes around $20 million a year. The number easily reaches upto $30-50 million when he is touring to support an album.
Eminem’s Life Story: Eminem was born Marshall Bruce Mathers III in St. Joseph, Missouri on October 17, 1972. His parents Marshall Sr. and Deborah “Debbie” Rae Nelson were in a band called Daddy Warbucks that performed around the midwest. But after they divorced, Eminem spent his youth moving around Missouri with his single mom Debbie before they settled in Warren, Michigan. Eminem and his mother never stayed in one place for more than a year, living primarily with the members of family and shuttles back and forth between Michigan and Missouri.
As a young kid, Eminem was a loner who was bullied frequently at school. In his teenage years, Eminem and his mother lived in a predominantly-black neighborhood of Detroit. Eminem initially used to dream of being a comic book artist, but that all changed after he heard his first rap song, Reckless – Featuring Ice-T, the soundtrack to the movie “Breakin'”. That album was a gift to Eminem from his half-brother Ronnie.
At the age of 14, he adopted the rap persona “M&M” —based on his initials. At 17 he dropped out of high school at 17 and did a series of odd-jobs while writing songs and participating in freestyle rap battles around town.
Eminem Career Highlights:
- Eminem eventually gained recognition and respect from the local Detroit area for his rap music and writing. He was doing menial jobs as a dishwasher and cook when he recorded music with Mashin’ Duck Records and FBT Productions.
- Eminem released his debut album “Infinite” in 1996 through a record company called Web Entertainment.
- Around that time eminem adopted the edgier, violent persona “Slim Shady”. As alter-ego Slim Shady, he rapped about sex, drugs, drugs, violence, murder and rape. In the spring of 1997 his record “the Slim Shady EP” was released that winter by Web Entertainment.
- In March 1998, Eminem was featured in The Source magazine’s unsigned hype column.
- Not long after, he decided to travel to Los Angeles to compete in the Rap Olympics. He was placed second, but an Interscope Records staff member recognised his talent, loved his rap music and passed “The Slim Shady EP” on to company CEO— Jimmy Iovine.
- Jimmy Iovine played Eminem’s album to Dr. Dre who had recently launched his own imprint Aftermath Records and was looking for an upcoming new artist to sign.
- Dr. Dre later described his initial reaction after listening to Eminem’s demo in the following way “I was like: what the fuck!?, and who the fuck is that? In my entire career in the music industry, I have never found anything from a demo tape or a CD. When Jimmy played this, I said, ‘Find him. Now.'”
- Eminem quickly signed a contract with Aftermath Entertainment to re-record The Slim Shady EP with Dr. Dre as Executive Producer. The album was an instant commercial and critical success in the US. It was eventually certified 4X Platinum and earned Eminem a Grammy for best rap album.
- Eminem’s next albums proved to be absolute monsters. But his album The Marshall Mathers LP he released in May 2000, was named the fastest-selling hip-hop album in history and sold more than 21 million copies.
- Eminem has sold over 170 million albums worldwide that makes him the ninth best-selling musical artist of all time behind Pink Floyd, Rihanna, Led Zeppelin, Madonna, Elton John, Michal Jackson, Elvis and The Beatles. In 1999, Eminem founded his own imprint Shady Records under Aftermath Records.
- 50 Cent (underground New York rapper then) became the first solo artist to sign the Shady Records. He was introduced to Eminem in 2002, while Eminem was filming the movie “8 Mile”.
- In the same year, Shady Records released the soundtrack to 8 Mile which sold more than 11 million copies worldwide.
- Eminem sold more than 50 million records during 2000 to 2003 years and performed 88 solo concerts as part of the Anger Management Tour. He earned at least $100 million during those years only from touring, record sales and merchandise.
- Eminem has won 15 Grammy Awards, 8 American Music Awards, 17 Billboard Awards and 1 Academy Award (for the best song “Lose Yourself”).
- Eminem spent $1.483 million on an 8,900 square-foot home in 2000 in Clinton Township, Michigan which has been his primary residence throughout the years.
- In 2003, he spent $4.8 million on a 15,000 square foot house in Oakland County, Michigan. Interestingly, Eminem barely lived at this house and listed it for sale in 2017 for $1.99 million. Eventually after finding a buyer it was sold for $1.9 million.
Eminem Personal Life:
Eminem has openly struggled with drugs and is now sober. He has become somewhat of a reclusive celebrity in recent years. Much of his personal life was continuously displayed in courtrooms throughout the late 90s and early 2000. As he had a quite troubled relationship with his mother and an on-and-off relationship with his ex-wife Kim. Eminem and Kim share a daughter together named Hailie Jade. He also has custody of Kim’s daughter from another relationship, Whitney, and his niece Alaina.